Harold "Hal" Tabor



Seattle Sea Hawks 1933-40
Seattle Olympics 1940-41
Seattle Stars 1944-45
Right Wing – 5’9" – 160 lbs.


  • NWHL Second Team All-Star:  1935


  • NWHL/PCHL Championship:  1936



Regular Season Playoffs
1933-34 Seattle Sea Hawks 34 19 6 25 15
1934-35 Seattle Sea Hawks 36 22 16 38 32 5 4 1 5 0
1935-36 Seattle Sea Hawks 40 25 13 38 16 4 2 1 3 0
1936-37 Seattle Sea Hawks 40 13 14 27 26
1937-38 Seattle Sea Hawks 41 18 14 32 30 4 3 0 3 2
1938-39 Seattle Sea Hawks 48 33 28 61 20 7 6 1 7 10
1939-40 Seattle Sea Hawks 39 18 19 37 24
1940-41 Seattle Olympics 48 27 30 57 58 2 0 0 0 0
1944-45 Seattle Stars

Hal Tabor came to Seattle in 1933 as a 23-year-old winger fresh off of a fairly successful season with the St. Louis Flyers.  He immediately established himself as an offensive threat, leading the Sea Hawks in scoring in his first year.  In 1934-35 he was joined on the Sea Hawks roster by Sam McAdam, and the pair were dubbed the "Goal Dust Twins" by the local media for their great combination play and scoring abilities. 

During his eight seasons in Seattle Tabor was always one of the top three scorers on the team, leading the club in goals three times and total points twice, and finishing in the top five in scoring in the league five times.  One of the smallest players in the league, Tabor was not known for his speed by instead for his great stick-handling and touch with the puck. 

Tabor made four trips to the league finals in Seattle, winning a championship in 1936.  He was the second leading goal scorer in the league that season and he was an important part of the Sea Hawk’s success, though ironically both of his postseason goals were in Seattle’s only loss of the finals series.

When professional hockey disappeared in the northwest following the 1940-41 season, Tabor went back to the AHA.  He played in the opener of the Seattle City League with Lake Washington, but left after the first game of the season to join Hershey in the AHL.  He returned to Seattle after a short stay on the east coast, but broke his leg during an exhibition game against the Royal Canadian Air Force and was sidelined for the remainder of the season.  After another season in the City League, he joined the new amateur PCHL and skated with the Seattle Stars (also known as the Selects) in 1944-45, his last season in hockey.